Monday, September 1, 2008

Fantasy draft

Ok... Jay and I embarked on a whole new world tonight. The world of NFL Fantasy Football is now apart of our life. We signed up with a group of men and their sons in the last couple of weeks (most of the guys from our small group). Ever since then, Jay has diligently studied the NFL Fantasy site collecting information, making decisions, and planning our evening. He is eight.

So tonight we all gathered in the foyer of the worship center. A laptop connected to a video projector. Separate tables, each "coach" and "general manager" plotting every move. Twelve teams with twelve (I think?) rounds of the draft. It was absolute chaos. All I can say is that I am glad my theology has the NT church building as just a building and not necessarily a holy place in and of itself (NO - I don't want to argue that point in the comments...)

Overall, we are very pleased with our team - Blood, Tears and Sweat (I know, the last two are traditionally reversed, but your team can't end in tears!). There are a couple of players that we would have wanted, but they were gone or stolen right out from under us. But, we did end the night with Romo, Owens and Whitten. Not a bad trio.

Here is the rest of our team for all the fantasy fans out there.

Romo, Tony QB DAL @CLE 10 0.0 19.1 100 96
Maroney, Laurence RB NE KC 4 0.0 8.1 99 77
McFadden, Darren RB OAK DEN 5 0.0 8.9 86 65
Harrison, Marvin WR IND CHI 4 0.0 n/a 98 75
Jackson, DeSean WR PHI STL 7 0.0 5.6 69 17
Owens, Terrell WR DAL @CLE 10 0.0 11.9 100 96
Witten, Jason TE DAL @CLE 10 0.0 8.2 100 96
Vinatieri, Adam K IND CHI 4 0.0 8.2 99 93
Colts DST CHI 4 0.0 n/a 90 70
Ryan, Matt QB ATL DET 7 0.0 7.1 23 1
Mendenhall, Rashard RB PIT HOU 6 0.0 5.1 75 6
Rhodes, Dominic RB IND CHI 4 0.0 n/a 41 2
Gage, Justin WR TEN JAC 6 0.0 n/a 35 4
Kaeding, Nate K SD

I don't exactly know (yet) what all the stats on the right of each player are... but it won't be long. Now, let the games begin. I'll keep you updated as the season progresses. I know you won't be able to wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous September 2, 2008 at 9:26 AM  

Ok, would you actually believe I joined a fantasy football league myself? Sad I know, but the guys were short one and I got looped in. Something we finally have in common in the outside world. :)

ross September 2, 2008 at 3:08 PM  

ok... that is pretty much the craziest thing I have ever heard. I hope you win because that would be the icing on the cake!
So.. who is on your fantasy team?

About This Blog

Name: Ross Strader

Age: 37

Birthday: March 6

College: Hardin-Simmons

Graduate: Hardin-Simmons

Seminary: Dallas Theological

Major: M.A. Family Psychology;

Th.M Pastoral Leadership

“The thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy; but I have come that you might have life, and have it abundantly.” -Jesus (John 10:10)


  © Blogger template 'Grease' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP