Tuesday, September 16, 2008

.ross Retro

It has been fun to sit and browse through YouTube with my kids and look at crazy videos and music and some of the stuff on there. One night Leslie and I were introducing Maggie and Jay to some of the 80's music we grew up with and listened to when we were their age. It was kind of funny to see how excited Leslie and were getting as the kids rolled their eyes.

Well, all of the sudden my memory was jarred and I couldn't wait to show the kids Michael Jackson's "Motown 25" performance. I know you remember it. It was the first time the world ever saw someone moonwalk. I remember being absolutely amazed as I watched it. So, I expected Maggie and Jay to think "wow... cool... awesome..." Here were their responses:

Jay: "Where is his other glove?"
Maggie: "What are we supposed to be looking for?"
ME: "Maggie, he just MOONWALKED!"
Maggie: "yeah... so what?"

7 comments:

Leslie Ruth Petree September 16, 2008 at 9:13 AM  

Oh my gosh, I can *actually* hear you saying those words to Maggie. Hilarious...

Anonymous September 16, 2008 at 2:50 PM  

I actually burst out in laughter at the kids' responses!! I think it's funny when our kids hear 80s or 90s music from new movies and think it's a brand new song.

We miss you guys and can't believe how big the kids are getting.

HUGS to all from the UK,
Tracie for the Mitchell5

Sara Isbell September 16, 2008 at 3:30 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara Isbell September 16, 2008 at 3:33 PM  

Did you also tell the kids how you destroyed Kimberly's Michael Jackson poster and she cried for days? Or how Elliot cut up Molly's Easter gloves to make a Michael Jackson glove? Good Times! Good Memories!Love you:)

ross September 16, 2008 at 3:45 PM  

No... I forgot to mention the destruction of property :)

OH man, I will never forget that Easter morning!

Liz September 16, 2008 at 10:18 PM  

What? Don't you dance like this every Sunday morning during praise & worship?

ross September 19, 2008 at 11:49 PM  

i would love to dance like that on Sunday mornings... but, we wouldn't be able to build the buildings fast enough to fit all of the people that would begin to show up!

About This Blog

Name: Ross Strader

Age: 37

Birthday: March 6

College: Hardin-Simmons

Graduate: Hardin-Simmons

Seminary: Dallas Theological

Major: M.A. Family Psychology;

Th.M Pastoral Leadership

“The thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy; but I have come that you might have life, and have it abundantly.” -Jesus (John 10:10)


  © Blogger template 'Grease' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP