Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Friday (09.26.08)


My Friday started out as usual. We got Maggie and Jay off to school and then Leslie, Katherine and I went on a breakfast date. I also had gotten a call yesterday from my brother Elliot who said he might come over today for lunch.

Elliot showed up about 10am and then we headed over to Jay's school with an A&W Rootbeer in hand to each lunch with him. Now - I know what you are thinking, "10am and you are going up there for lunch?" Well, officially it is at 10:25am, but yes. Can you believe that? I was explaining to Elliot that Jay has a bowl of cereal before he leaves home, most mornings also takes advantage of the free breakfast that Andy Woods Elementary serves every morning, and then turns around at 10:25 and has lunch. He is living the life of a Hobbit! (Sorry for the digression!)

From brunch at Andy Woods, Elliot and I went to El Lugar for what I believe to be Tyler's finest Friday lunch destination. He was impressed. After lunch we came back to the house and played with Katherine outside for about two hours. It was her perfect day. We rode bikes, jumped on the trampoline and learned to dribble a basketball. Elliot left about 2pm, and then I took about a 45 minute nap.

Jay came home about 3 and Maggie about 4. Maggie blew in the door, grabbed her packed bag and sleeping bag and then headed back out the door to meet the Youth Group up at Bethel for her first "Work Crew Weekend" at Pine Cove. She was very excited and for the second weekend in a row I am confronted with the fact that my baby girl is growing up. (I text Mark and Marla and asked them to tell her I missed her... as long as it wouldn't be embarrassing.)

After everyone got settled, we ate dinner with the Wrights and then headed over to their house and the children played. That is a fun family and even learned a couple of things tonight.


1. If you complain about the price of the children's portion of Macaroni, the manager will come and personally hear your complaint. Now, this is a valid complaint, I was just surprised to see such boldness coming from Kristen in the moment. $3.99 for what amounts to about 1/4 of a Kraft Macaroni and Cheese box that you can buy for under $2 and feed all your children.











2. If you complain, and then are really nice to the manager, he will bring you a free chocolate dessert.






After dinner and a free dessert, Todd and I went to go see Eagle Eye. It was a fun movie. It was impossible and at the same time entertaining. But, I would have to say the best part of the evening was seeing a small group from Bethel at the movie theater. They were all there to see Fireproof. Actually, the whole community of Tyler was there to see Fireproof. It was sold out all day on two screens (big deal here in East Texas).

Well, Todd and I stopped by the group as they are standing in line to get into the show and some of the girls asked where our wives were. I explained that we left them at home and were just out to see a late movie. A guy night. Well, they looked very puzzled and even a little concerned. They asked a couple more times thinking I was kidding when it dawned on me that they thought Todd and I were there to see the Romantic, Christian Drama together. Actually, that would have been pretty funny. That would not be a guys night out, that would be a "date with a dude." -- That's not the way I roll.

Got home about 12:15. Finished getting stuff together for the CF Walk at Bergfeld Park and headed to bed. It was a great day!

OK... lots of digressions today, sorry about that. But, that's My Friday.

2 comments:

Kristen September 28, 2008 at 7:44 AM  

That looks like a man's arm reaching into the shot to give a thumbs up. I'm sorry to say, it's actually mine.

Todd Wright September 29, 2008 at 3:11 PM  

I love you, Kristen.

But please stopping making restaurants mad at us.

About This Blog

Name: Ross Strader

Age: 37

Birthday: March 6

College: Hardin-Simmons

Graduate: Hardin-Simmons

Seminary: Dallas Theological

Major: M.A. Family Psychology;

Th.M Pastoral Leadership

“The thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy; but I have come that you might have life, and have it abundantly.” -Jesus (John 10:10)


  © Blogger template 'Grease' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP