Sunday, August 31, 2008

blogger decision

I wanted to quickly comment on the change of the blog address and format. I have used Apple's iLife program iWeb for most of the last year. I have kind of waited out Apple's whole move from .Mac to .Me in hopes that the program would get an update at the same time.

Not that many will care about this, but my review of the iWeb program could be summed in two words: easy and frustrating... and they are related.

The program is incredibly easy to use. It is entirely WYSIWYG and so it is very easy to make your site or blog look like you want it to. Apple does a great job with photos, movies and images - they always look stunning. And so it is so easy it is hard not to use. On the other hand, that is the same reason it is frustrating. The functionality of simple things like formatting on the post' page matching the home page does not sync. The home page will not import movies and other images from the post page. The comments are absolutely frustrating to manage.

And on top of the frustrations with the program are the frustrations with the new .Me service. Of all the things that Apple has done and I have loved... this is not one of them. The push email service is not a true push and has a difficult time syncing with iPhone of all things.

So, I turn to Google to meet my blogging needs. I love Google and continue to be impressed with the creativity they pursue... which reminds me, have you seen the SITES service?

For all who have followed me here... thanks!

4 comments:

Anonymous September 1, 2008 at 8:49 PM  

did you hear about Google Chrome? at Grace we're moving to free Google email instead of exchange to manage our GCC domain email and many use Google Reader so I am wondering when everything will go Google.

We're even considering dropping MS Office...

It's a Google takeover!

Anonymous September 1, 2008 at 9:38 PM  

Can I say that I hate change! :) But I do like blogger so I will get used to your new page. I like it. It looks smart and clean.

ross September 1, 2008 at 11:12 PM  

George - chrome looks so interesting! I think the google email is absolutely the way to go. exchange is a thing of the past as far as I am concerned.

hope you rested today

ross September 1, 2008 at 11:13 PM  

kimbo - i know you hate change... but you have always had so much of it. you handle it well.
hope you guys had a great day today!
your favorite brother!

About This Blog

Name: Ross Strader

Age: 37

Birthday: March 6

College: Hardin-Simmons

Graduate: Hardin-Simmons

Seminary: Dallas Theological

Major: M.A. Family Psychology;

Th.M Pastoral Leadership

“The thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy; but I have come that you might have life, and have it abundantly.” -Jesus (John 10:10)


  © Blogger template 'Grease' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP