Saturday, October 18, 2008

My Friday (and Saturday)

The weather is changing and it is so nice!
We woke up yesterday, Leslie and Katherine and I went to Starbucks and then to the usual spot for biscuits. Then Leslie went to a brunch and Katherine and I caught up on Sesame Street and morning naps. Spent some time reading in the afternoon, then the kids (Jay and Maggie) came home and we all hung out until the babysitter came.

Leslie and I went to a dinner for a couple getting married in two weeks. It was fun and fancy. After the dinner we went and sat at Starbucks and enjoyed the evening. All in all, Friday was very restful and refreshing.

Today (Saturday), Leslie was up before 7am to go stand in line for a flu shot. I hate flu shots. I hate them worse than the flu. In fact, the last time I got the flu was the year I got a flu shot. I have a "needle" issue. Always have and it prevents me from physically being able to drive to a place and willing let someone impale me with that thin, cold, sharp, hollow cylinder. I will not do it. (NOW... I know, I have totally set myself up for the flu this year and probably a couple of post whining about how bad it is - blah, blah, blah)

After Leslie got home we all loaded up and went to Jay's flag football game. It was fun. Chris and Mark Legg came out and cheered for Jay. He loved it. Mark Legg played on the same field immediately after Jay and we got to stay a little while and cheer him on. He had a great run around the end that brought the sidelines to their feet.

From the football game we went to eat hamburgers and then out to the Moore Family Pumpkin Patch. It was so fun. We all got a pumpkin, a hay-ride and lots of pictures. Leslie even shot some incredible footage that will be posted soon. She was remarkably creative today!

After the pumpkin patch we took advantage of the happy hour at Sonic (Cherry slushes and Cranberry Limeades). Maggie went to a middle school cooking party and the boys watched football. Currently Texas is killing Missouri, and it is almost hard to watch.

The drama of the day is the discovery of a rat that lives in our garage. He has survived the poison so far, we will see if he survives the night with Piper in the garage! Leslie is passionate about her hatred for rats. Actually... a depth of hatred that I have never witnessed. Just glad I am not a rat.

I'll probably watch the opening of Saturday Night Live and then be off to bed. It has been a great weekend and feel refreshed and excited about tomorrow. I love Sundays at Bethel.

How was your Friday (and Saturday?)

1 comments:

Anonymous October 20, 2008 at 10:43 PM  

They have the flu mist now. No needle. My big kids got it and I thought Ethan was going to hug the nurse. He actually told her, "we should do this more often."

  © Blogger template 'Grease' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP