Friday, October 24, 2008

My Friday (10.24.08)


Everyone was up early this morning, off to school and then Katherine, Leslie and I went for breakfast. After breakfast Leslie had a long list of stuff to get done including working out what in the heck a mum looks like for a 6th grade homecoming. Come on... really? A mum for the 6th grade? I digress...

Katherine and I caught up on some PBS today. I saw he most unusual show today for the first time - Sid the Science Kid. I've never heard of it, but it was so fascinating. The animation was very good, the dialogue very informal, but the show was very propositional: brush your teeth, teachers are fun, eat healthy, exercise... etc. It was simple, but very well done. I was impressed.

After that, a short nap and then I put all the sheets on all the beds and then made them all up. Yes - I did it. I made all the beds, from scratch. Props? I thought so. On my day off... I made beds. And, to top it off, I mowed the yard after that. So, I am probably going to be in the running for husband of the year. I can feel it now.

After the yard, a quick shower and then we all met one of Maggie's friends and her family at Double Dave's for pizza before Maggie headed for the homecoming dance. Crazy huh? I thought so. From the pizza and hanging with a middle school family, we immediately travel back in time to elementary school where we rendezvous with Jay and his friend who have just arrived at the annual elementary school Harvest Festival. Bounce houses, climbing walls, games, candy, face painting, a jail, a medical clinic and lots of food, door prizes and silent auction. It was a great place to be. I love the vibe at this school. The morale is high among the teachers, and the families are great. Definitely a positive public school experience.

We arrived at home in time to meet my mom and stepdad as they are visiting this weekend and planning to stay for Jay's flag football game tomorrow and church at Bethel on Sunday. I didn't remember it this way, but my mom has not been to Bethel in about a year. It will be fun to have her there.

Leslie left about 9:30p to go get Maggie... about 11:05 they walked through the door. See, the tradition is to go to Whataburger and hang out and have a milkshake and hang out and talk about the dance with all your friends. All the parents sit together.

Leslie and Maggie are home - we are all home. It was a great day and looking forward to a good nights sleep. That is my Friday.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Grease' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP