Friday, November 7, 2008

Mac Bible Software from Logos

It is finally (almost) here. Logos for the Mac has been greatly anticipated and it is going to be here for Christmas. If you own a Mac, then this is for you. If you don't - I don't want to know. (Actually, if you are still on a lame PC, then you need to check out the Logos for PC - it is amazing.)


Logos Bible Software: mac from Logos Bible Software on Vimeo.

If you have been used to the PC version, you will realize that this is the first release and I am sure there will be more to come in the next year with this program. It is very exciting to see Logos in the Mac world and I have no doubt that this program will harness all of the advantages of the Mac OS.

6 comments:

Steve Bezner November 7, 2008 at 1:06 PM  

OK, now THAT looks very cool.

Anonymous November 7, 2008 at 4:28 PM  

I'm in! But boy is my Logos going to need an upgrade!

Bezner, I think I saw you at the new BBQ joint in town today....

Matt November 7, 2008 at 11:10 PM  

You know, Ross, PC owners don't have to wait...

ross November 8, 2008 at 8:17 AM  

Oh man... as much as I would love a "Mac is superior" thread here...

Intel Mac owners don't really have to wait either. You can (I do) run Logos on Parallels and it runs faster on my Mac in Parallels than on any PC I have ever had or faster than any of my PC "friends."

The advantage of the Mac native program is two-fold.
1) It is mind-blowing fast. The Beta has been impressive
2) The future of Logos being able to capitalize on the Mac OS is really exciting. While Logos is on the 3rd (maybe 4th) build on the PC side, the 1st Mac build is very impressive

I actually still use the PC Logos on my Mac...

Eric Barton November 8, 2008 at 9:39 AM  

Of course, all this Monty Python-like silliness could be avoided if you would just take your first breath of redemptive air and employ Accordance. I want to avoid subjective opinions & unjust bias, so I'll just say it's better and leave it at that.

Grapes & Peas...

ross November 8, 2008 at 4:04 PM  

Oh Eric... Accordance is a fine program. It is a great program.

It is a little bit clunky and it does not have a good depth of commentary resources.

The language search and language constructs are gold... gold man

But, I really like the idea of having my whole library (the vast majority of it) on my computer... not just my language tools.

AND, I actually use both.

About This Blog

Name: Ross Strader

Age: 37

Birthday: March 6

College: Hardin-Simmons

Graduate: Hardin-Simmons

Seminary: Dallas Theological

Major: M.A. Family Psychology;

Th.M Pastoral Leadership

“The thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy; but I have come that you might have life, and have it abundantly.” -Jesus (John 10:10)


  © Blogger template 'Grease' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP