Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Benji, Hebrew and archeology


I'm interested in what my friend Benji has to say about this: Oldest Hebrew Text is Evidence for Bible Stories.

There is never a shortage of stories that come from the world of archeology about the existence or non-existence of evidence for the authenticity of the Bible - especially related to the reign of King David.

Benji is one of the smartest people I know and reads backwards unlike anyone I have ever encountered. I'm interested in his thoughts...

4 comments:

Anonymous November 4, 2008 at 7:17 AM  

thank you! I just forwarded this to a skeptic friend...

Anonymous November 4, 2008 at 9:30 AM  

Ross,

Publicly calling me out on a blog! I feel like I'm in a town hall meeting. Here's my 2 cents worth on the find:

While archaeological discoveries often shed light on the Old Testament, its language and culture, etc, our faith does not rest on these discoveries. As Paul would say, our faith is "built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the cornerstone..." {Ephesians 2:20}.

In the end it comes down to faith and trust: do we believe the Word of God to be true? I trust completely in what the prophets and apostles received and recorded...by faith!

ross November 4, 2008 at 9:32 AM  

when you publicly call someone out, it is a good way to ensure that you get at least one comment!

ross November 4, 2008 at 9:33 AM  

Thanks for your thoughtful and faith-soaked response.

did you vote today by the way?

About This Blog

Name: Ross Strader

Age: 37

Birthday: March 6

College: Hardin-Simmons

Graduate: Hardin-Simmons

Seminary: Dallas Theological

Major: M.A. Family Psychology;

Th.M Pastoral Leadership

“The thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy; but I have come that you might have life, and have it abundantly.” -Jesus (John 10:10)


  © Blogger template 'Grease' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP