Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Ok... I am going to "live blog" Thanksgiving today.


3:25pm - up from nap. Helped my grandmother to the car. Listening to the national anthem on FOX before the Cowboy kick-off. Man, I need some coffee.
By the way, anyone else notice the gel in Romo's hair? Come on man!

2:15pm - stuffed... going to check on Katherine. I might lay down back there with her.

1:30pm - eating!

1:24pm - Katherine fell asleep on Leslie so she is putting her down in the front room (the cool, dark, quiet room with a big comfy bed).

12:59pm - Katherine just came it with a mouth full of dirt. She fell off the swing and busted her lip and hurt her pride. Leslie is cleaning her up in the bathroom.

12:52pm - my uncle just walked in with dove wrapped in bacon. Wow. The pies are coming out of the oven - chess, pecan, pumpkin, chocolate (there are 8 pies). The turkey is being carved. My grandmother (92) just arrived. The Titans are killing the Lions (everyone is sitting around talking about the problems with Detroit 0 both the team and the community). We will eat soon. Man this is fun!

11:41am - ok we've had our traditional mimosa's. Pies are baking. The Titans are on tv. We have thrown the football outside. This is the kind of day I love. There is such a freedom to relax on a holiday.

9:39am - now I'm headed to the shower.

9:36am - uhmmm... haven't showered yet. I just posted a Happy Thanksgiving post on the Bethel blog. It is kind of corny, but it is Thanksgiving so I thought it would be good to talk about being thankful.

9:15am - about to shower and head over to my mom's to get into the Thanksgiving fun over there. Going to stop by and get some coffee first because she is out... ??? - - can't believe she let that happen.

8:30am - Went in to the living room and crashed the kids Wii party and made them turn on the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade. I then began to tell them how cool it is and that I watched it every year as a kid and how it is a "tradition." They aren't buying it.

7:30am - I woke up and greeted Leslie with "Happy Thanksgiving!" I told her how thankful I was for her. Brushing my teeth first would have made the moment a little more effective.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Name: Ross Strader

Age: 37

Birthday: March 6

College: Hardin-Simmons

Graduate: Hardin-Simmons

Seminary: Dallas Theological

Major: M.A. Family Psychology;

Th.M Pastoral Leadership

“The thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy; but I have come that you might have life, and have it abundantly.” -Jesus (John 10:10)


  © Blogger template 'Grease' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP